Patricia Giles Centre for Non-Violence delivers a range of quality services and programs that respond to family violence and homelessness.
- Accommodation:Crisis Accommodation Services
- Counselling:General Support Services
- Emergency:Abuse & Assault Services
For over 30 years we have been providing an expert range of services for families in Western Australia escaping and affected by family and domestic violence and abuse.
Our approach has always been to support them as they mentally and physically heal, and to empower them to be able to make their own decisions to get their lives back on track.
We have recently undergone a comprehensive planning process. The resulting strategic plan builds on our knowledge and expertise in family and domestic violence, while signalling a critical shift in our overall aims and how we work to achieve those aims. Key aspects are:
- We will be building and empowering families and communities to live free from gender-based violence. This means our work will be with all people as we provide appropriate services for a diverse range of clients and family units to break the cycle of violence.
- We will be offering an increasing number of services in violence intervention and prevention, while continuing to prioritise the provision of crisis and support services for women and children escaping and affected by family violence.
- We will be increasing our advocacy as we aim for a society free from gender-based violence.