Ten Pound Pom – the illustrated picture book by Carole Wilkinson and Liz Anelli
The illustrated picture book Ten Pound Pom (Black Dog Books, 2017) by Carole Wilkinson and Liz Anelli shares the real-life tale of Carole Wilkinson’s journey of migration from England to Australia.
- Open Days/times:Tuesday 11 February 2020 to Sunday 24 May 2020 during library opening hours
- Represented Artists:Carole Wilkinson and Liz Anelli
- Facilities:Cafe,Free,Wheelchair Access
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Sunday,Saturday
The illustrated picture book Ten Pound Pom (Black Dog Books, 2017) by Carole Wilkinson and Liz Anelli shares the real-life tale of Carole Wilkinson’s journey of migration from England to Australia. In the 1950s and 1960s thousands of British migrants were welcomed to Australia as part of assisted passage migration schemes. This exhibition explores the story showing how Liz Anelli crafted the illustrations through layering of sketches, collage, ephemera and digital techniques. Especially curated for children and families, this exhibition is supported by a self-guided trail.
FREE. No bookings required.
Image: We arrive at Fremantle, detail from page 20 of Ten Pound Pom, 2017, Liz Anelli, State Library of Western Australia, PWC /269
- Address: 25 Francis Street,Perth,WA,6000
- Phone: (08)9427 3111
- Email: [email protected]