Noongar Singing For Beginners
Join award winning singers and performers Gina Williams and Guy Ghouse with their fresh, modern take on ancient traditions.
- Dates:Nov 5, 12, 19 & 26
- Time(s):6.30pm to 7.30pm (arrive at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start)
- Hosted By:City of Perth Library
- Venue Address:City of Perth Library, 573 Hay Street, Perth, WA 6000
- Ticket Price:$66 per person (inc. GST) for 4 sessions.
- Audience:Adults,Family-Friendly,For teens 13-17,For seniors
ABOUT THE CLASSES
These singing classes will introduce the four principles of Koort (Heart), Moort (Family), Boodja (Land) and Koorlangka (Children/Legacy). Each week, learn a song from each principle and have a discussion around what these things mean to us individually, and as a community. This is a wonderful opportunity to share the language of the land on which we live.
No prior singing experience is required.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
Gina Williams writes and sings contemporary songs in Noongar language. Winner, Best Indigenous Act in the WA Music Industry Awards from 2013 to 2016, she has earned the reputation as a performer who captures the hearts and imaginations of audiences around the world; connecting deeply through the power of song. Gina performs with her musical partner, guitarist Guy Ghouse.
Tuesday 5 November 2019
Tuesday 12 November 2019
Tuesday 19 November 2019
Tuesday 26 November 2019
Time: 6.30pm to 7.30pm (arrive at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start)
Cost: $66 per person (inc. GST) for 4 sessions.
Book now as places are limited.
City of Perth Library
573 Hay Street, Perth, WA 6000
All ticket sales are final, no refunds will be provided. Substitutions are accepted.
- Address: City of Perth Library, 573 Hay Street, Perth, WA 6000,Perth,WA,6000
- Phone: (08) 9461 3500
- Email: [email protected]