Perth Greek Festival 2019 presented by LiveLighter
Perth Greek Festival 2019 features nine full days of cultural celebration and fun events from 19 to 28 October.
- Dates:Oct 19-28
- Hosted By:Hellenic Community of WA
The inaugural Perth Greek Festival 2019 presented by LiveLighter is a major celebration of the impact of Greek culture on the development of Perth, celebrating the diversity of the different Greek community groups within the Hellenic Community of WA and sharing this with the people of Perth.
The Festival will feature a series of events and activities starting 19 October 2019, building up to the Greek Festival Day on 26 October to be held in Russell Square, Northbridge and culminating in Oxi Day (Greek National Day) on 28 October 2019 at Kings Park.
- Greek Heritage Walking Trails - profiling the Greek people, businesses and cultural history of North Perth and Northbridge
- Planted, Plucked and Pickled - a journey from caring for your olive tree to harvesting the fruit
- The Greek Kitchen - a masterclass in in Greek classics for the everyday cook
- Greek Movie Nights - free screenings in Northbridge
- The Jews of Greece Photographic Exhibition - an insight into the life of Romaniote Jews and the smaller groups of Ashkenazi Jews of Europe that constitute the Greek-Jewish community.
- Boxopolis - working with local schools to create a cardboard chariots to be paraded on Festival Day
- Festival Day - the culmination of the Festival with food and market stalls, live performances, demonstrations and plenty of other activities
Perth Greek Festival is supported by the Office of Multicultural Interests, Lotterywest and the City of Perth
- Address: Russell Square,Perth,WA,6003
- Phone: 0439 840 997
- Email: [email protected]