Nyoongar Wellbeing & Sports
- [email protected]
- (08) 9272 3189
Over the last four years, the NWS has become recognised and respected as the leading grassroots agency within Nyoongar Country.
Nyoongar Welllbeing & Sports (NSW) is an Aboriginal controlled not for profit community organisation governed by a Board of Management. NWS’ responsibility is to develop partnerships that maximise opportunities for Aboriginal Australians (specifically in Nyoongar Country) to participate in sport and recreation in order to produce health, education, social and cultural benefits for individuals and their respective communities.
Nyoongar Country is an area approximately 300,000 square kilometres in size and approximately half of the West Australian Aboriginal population (30,000) reside in this region.
- Community and family focus
- Strengths focus
- Nyoongar respect and pride
- Integrity and trust
- Collaborative partnerships
- Provision of various sport and recreation programmes in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Organising and delivering accredited training in umpiring, coaching and sports medicine in a variety of sports
- The provision of sporting equipment and uniforms for community individuals and teams, through our equipment grants
Signs of Success
- Nyoongar communities enjoying full health and wellbeing - physical, psychological, economic, social, spiritual and political
- A strong and proud Nyoongar nation, fully engaged in the 'third space', sharing an open exchange of culture with all Australian communities
- Address: Nyoongar Wellbeing & Sports, Unit 7, 168 Guildford Road MAYLANDS WA 6051,Maylands,WA,
- Phone: (08) 9272 3189
- Email: [email protected]