The Classic Guitar Society of Western Australia is a voluntary, non-profit making organisation incorporated in 1960 .
The Classic Guitar Society of Western Australia is a voluntary, non-profit making organisation incorporated in 1960 aiming to promote playing and appreciation of the classic guitar and to foster camaraderie amongst its members.
The objectives of the Society are to:
- encourage the playing and appreciation of the classical guitar amongst the broader musical and general community;
- promote performance by guitarists through varied means;
- facilitate the development of student guitarists;
- foster camaraderie amongst teachers, students and those interested in the objectives of the Society;
- provide members with free access to Society functions and discounted entry to Society concerts at the discretion of the Committee;
- keep members informed in matters relevant to these objectives;
- co-operate with those elsewhere who share similar objectives; and
- encourage development of the guitar repertoire.