Australia Day Coogee Beach Festival
We are Australian so let's celebrate together!
- Dates:Jan 26
- Hosted By:City of Cockburn
- Venue Address:Powell Rd, Coogee
Join us and MC Adrian Alaberg for Australia Day celebrations.
The event includes live entertainment and we're bringing back your favourite competitions.
- Murphy's Lore
- Dilip 'n the Davs
- Binjareb Middars Aboriginal Dance Group
- Flamingo Strings (String Quartet for kids)
Activities in the park
- Free sausage sizzle (while stocks last)
- Free water amusement rides and slides
- South Coogee Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade demos
- Multicultural food availabe to purchase on site
On the beach
- Sandcastle building competition
Valet bike parking will be available and BikeWise will also be holding a Balance Bike Clinic and free bike check and tunes.
Remember to bring:
- Water bottle
- Bathers and towel
- Cash - as there are no EFTPOS machines.
This is an accessible event with accessible parking and toilets.
To make arrangements or for more information please contact us for details.
Road closures and parking
Powell Road access closed 6am to 1pm. Parking for this event is opposite the beach off Cockburn Road and at Coogee Hall off Howick Court. Access to Coogee Beach Cafe and regular beach goers parking is via Peri end through Orsino Bvd. The City of Cockburn apologises for any inconvenience that this event may cause.
This event is subject to change or cancellation. Check back here regularly or on our social media pages closer to the event. We recommend downloading the COVID app and adhering to social distancing while attending events. If you feel unwell or are showing symptoms, please seek medical advice and do not attend this event.