- 1300 297 588
Winner of the Prix Versailles for Sports in 2019.
The commitment to a ‘fans first’ stadium has resulted in an innovative design ensuring an exceptional event atmosphere and home ground advantage that can only be experienced by being there.
The design acknowledges Western Australia’s unique sporting, cultural and Aboriginal heritage and the Stadium Park landscape provides a spectacular vista across the Swan River to the City.
About the Stadium
Optus Stadium is owned by the Western Australian State Government and proudly operated by VenuesLive. Construction of the venue began in December 2013, with the Stadium officially opening on Sunday 21 January 2018.
The Stadium and the surrounding Park is located east of the Perth Central Business District, on the Burswood Peninsula. With views of the picturesque Swan River and Perth city in the west and the foothills in the east, this 60,000 seat, world-class, multi-purpose Stadium hosts a variety of sports and entertainment events, including Australian Football League, International and Big Bash League cricket, soccer, rugby league and union, plus concerts.
The surrounding Stadium Park precinct provides year-round access for visitors of all ages to enjoy the nature playgrounds in the Chevron Parkland, the BHP Boardwalk and Amphitheatre, picnic and barbeque areas, public art as well as a myriad of recreational facilities. There is also the opportunity to dine in the buffet or a la carte restaurants that overlook the Swan River.
Optus Stadium is specifically designed so that our services, information and facilities are accessible to all.
Individuals Requiring Universal Access (IRUA) features of the new Optus Stadium:
- 360 degree access across all general admission levels
- IRUA seating throughout the Stadium
- Over 60 Universal Accessible Toilets (UAT)
- 3 Changing Places toilets – The first stadium in Australia to have more than one. Features include:
- Height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- Mobile hoist system
- Space for a user and up to two carers
- Electric doors
- 450 wheelchair positions (100 more than required according to the 2013 National Construction Code) and 327 Enhanced Amenity Seating for people that have mobility requirements that are not in wheelchairs
- Wheelchair positions on all levels with flexible seats for carers and guests, accommodating groups of all sizes
- 9 times more permanent ACROD bays than required (2013 National Construction Code)
- 12 lifts throughout the Stadium
- Address: Optus Stadium, Victoria Park Drive,Burswood,WA,6100
- Phone: 1300 297 588