Set the stage for a truly exotic event and let your imagination run wild at Perth Zoo. Take your wedding guests on safari with pre-dinner drinks on the plains of the African Savannah. Add some trumpeting elephants to your birthday celebrations at the Elephant Amphitheatre or whet your appetite with expertly mixed cocktails by the Penguin Plunge. Forget motivational speakers, why not invite a 10 kilogram Boa Constrictor to your next business conference!
- Features:BYO,Kid Friendly,Live Music,Outdoor Dining
- Venue Type:Function Centre,Restaurant,Unique Venue
It all started with an orangutan, two monkeys, four ostriches, a pair of lions and one tiger.
More than a century on and Perth Zoo is respected around the world for securing long-term populations of species in natural environments while engaging the community in global conservation action. Thanks to a solid partnership with Mustard Catering, the Zoo is also a sought-after venue for corporate and private events.
Imagine sitting down to dinner with the sounds of baboons in the background, or sharing a drink with colleagues next to frolicking penguins. Picture your guests’ faces when they discover a 10kg boa constrictor will be attending your business meeting.
The Zoo has plenty of venue options – many set among the natural exhibits – to suit any event, from seminars, conferences and meetings to sundowners, cocktail parties and weddings.
- Surrounded by lush gardens, the Main Lawn holds 500 people for banquet functions or 1000 for cocktail event
- With a large amphitheatre, the Japanese Gardens hold 40 seated or 120 standing, while Palm Terrace, which makes use of the cafe area, holds 250 for a banquet or 300 cocktail-style.
- The Perth Zoo Conference Centre offers two seminar rooms, which can accommodate 18 to 40 people, depending on the seating style, and a lecture theatre for 10 to 120. Hire of these rooms includes audiovisual equipment. Rothschild’s Function Room opens onto a spacious courtyard, surrounded by fairy-lit trees and containing the treasured heritage carousel. The area caters between 500 to 300 guests and includes set-up, staffing, dance floor, lectern, whiteboard and audiovisual equipment.
- At the heart of the Zoo, near the elephant exhibit, is the Homestead Barn. This rustic, Australian-style setting is suitable for 80 banquet-style or 130 for cocktails. The skilled and experienced chefs from on-site caterers, Mustard Catering, create innovative, modern cuisine, which showcases the very best of fresh West Australian produce. When you consider the combination of Mustard Catering’s exceptional cuisine with such a spectacular venue, it’s easy to see why functions at Perth Zoo are a surefire success.