中文
Select Page

Join Our Community
You May Also Like

Caulfield North

Caulfield North is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 11 km south-east of Melbourne's central business district in the local government area is the City of Glen Eira.

Details

  • Area:4.202 km2
  • Elevation:45 m
  • Population:15,269
  • Local Government Area:Glen Eira City Council

Description

Caulfield North is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 11 km south-east of Melbourne's central business district in the local government area is the City of Glen Eira. At the 2016 Census, Caulfield North had a population of 20,976.It is bounded by Orrong Road in the west, Glen Eira Road in the south, Dandenong Road in the north and Kambrook Road in the east. The suburb contains Caulfield Park - a park of approximately 26 hectares in size, bounded by Balaclava Road, Inkerman Road, Hawthorn Road and Park Crescent. Caulfield North has an unusually large Jewish population: 8619, representing 41.1% of its population, according to the 2016 census data. The suburb's population has a high level of educational attainment, with 45.6% having a bachelor degree or above compared to 24.3% for Victoria and 22.0% for Australia. # History Caulfield North was once the location of many large Victorian mansions on large estates, most of which were demolished and subdivided in the early twentieth century. A notable survivor is Labassa owned by the National Trust. The mansion was originally built in 1862 and extended in 1873. In 1889further extensions and lavish refurbishment commissioned by William Alexander Robertson created the present mansion which is of national significance. The house is sometimes used for filming of the ABC's lady detective series Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and was one of the filming locations for the 2002 film Queen of the Damned. Many streets in the suburb were named in the late 1850s after Crimea War locations and people, for example, Cardigan, Canrobert, Inkerman, Alma, Raglan, Redan and Balaclava. The Caulfield North Post Office was opened on 26 March 1915. # Weather # Things to do

Location