THE SCOOP MODEL
The Arts, Events and Travel sector is highly fragmented. Multiple private and government entities invest hundreds of millions to compete in this space, including arts & events organisations, Tourism WA, RTOs, local government, visitor centres, industry bodies, hotels and international aggregators.
Competing successfully in this sector requires superior content, the latest technology, a superior user-experience and Google-ranking and ability to reach the market ahead of the competition.
Scoop has invested more than $3 million to provide a unique industry-wide solution: a fully-scalable, enterprise-level digital platform that allows us to build, maintain and distribute rich, fully-customisable content and a superior user-experience across an infinite number of websites.
Using this platform, we have built the largest online guide to arts, events, functions & venues, travel and homes in WA, and started distributing this content across a growing number of local and international websites called the Scoop Content Distribution Network.
The Scoop model is highly collaborative. A combination of rich content and superior technology allows us to meet the content-marketing needs of all stakeholders:
- Users: locals and tourists can now enjoy quality arts, events and travel content and a superior user-experience, in English and Chinese, across a growing number of websites.
- Arts & Events Organisations: By updating a single database, gain FREE access to millions of users through the Scoop Content Distribution Network, including scoopevents.com.au, multiple local and international websites and WeChat (coming soon).
- Hotels, Travel Operators, Key Stakeholders: Fully customisable content allows key stakeholders to promote arts, events and travel in WA through their own newsletters, social media and websites, without risk of losing traffic.
- Local Governments, Visitor Centres, Industry Bodies: The Scoop Model provides a comprehensive content-marketing solution: superior technology, updated content, user-experience, market-reach, and the opportunity to plug their organisation and their stakeholders into the most powerful content distribution network in WA.
FREE AND PREMIUM LISTINGS
One Listing / hundreds of websites / millions of users
Listings on the Scoop Database are free, providing access to millions of users each year through the Scoop Content Distribution Network:
- scoop.com.au: including more than 40,000 unique users / 75,000 sessions per month
- Multiple local and international websites: through the Scoop Content Distribution Network
- Google: Scoop’s powerful domain authority ensures the highest possible ranking on Google
- WeChat: listing content will soon be integrated into WeChat and other powerful Apps
Your listing includes: multiple images and video, teaser & descriptive text; links to your website and online booking; attachments; parent & child links; multiple event & address options; listing profile & search-based mapping with GPS over-ride; multiple categories and features for filtering and display.
Simply register to create a User Admin and you can create and manage multiple listings.
Exposure through the Scoop Content Distribution Network can be significantly enhanced with Premium Listings.
- Listing Creation / Translation: Updating your listing can be tricky. We can do it for you. Translation into Chinese is part of this service.
- Priority Search Ranking: This is critical for standing out from 6,000 other listings on the Scoop Database. Free listings (level 0) rank at the bottom. Premium listings (level 1-3) rank at the top of search results, significantly increasing exposure on the Scoop Content Distribution Network.
SCOOP WEBSITE, NEWSLETTER, BLOGS, SOCIAL MEDIA
Scoop (scoop.com.au) attracts 40,000+ unique visitors and 75,000 sessions per month, 35,000+ subscribers and over 19,000 social media followers.
Users are typically: aged 25 to 55 (78%); affluent, professional, white collar workers, corporate and small-business; live in inner-city Perth and regional WA, have an active interest in arts and events.
- Female 68%; Male 32%
- Mobile users are 65%
- Subscriber ages: <25 (4%); 26-35 (24%); 36-45 (28%); 46-55 (26%); 56-64 (12%); 65+ (6%)
Editorial-style Grid Advertising is available on the HOME PAGE and LANDING PAGES and links to the client’s landing page in QuickView. Pricing depends on image size.
|Large image||Image (W850px X H570px)|
|Standard image||Image (W420px X H280px)|
Newsletters & Solus
Scoop’s 35,000+ subscribers can be reached through Scoop Weekly and niche monthly updates e.g. Food & Drink; Visual Arts; Music; Sport; Performing Arts; Classical Music. More recent newsletters can be viewed at the bottom of the Scoop Club page. Open-rate: 13 – 21%; click-rate: 1 – 2.8%.
|1: Top 6 features||Image (W480px X H298px); 50 words|
|2: Full-width feature||Image (W750px X H350px); 50 words|
|3: Third-width||Image (W480px X H290px); 4050 words|
|4: Quarter-width||Image (W240px X H150px), title, venue, date only|
|5: Display Banner||W750px X H(max)250px|
|* Solus Email||Requires pre-approval of client, artwork & disclaimer|
Blogs and Social Media
Blogs and Social Media posts are provided in support of event and annual packages.
Event Packages are the most popular and cost-effective strategy for event promotion, providing high-value, repeat-access across multiple platforms. Artwork is all handled by Scoop so these packages are also quick and easy.
They allow us to build comprehensive, high-value multi-media campaigns including content management, dedicated landing pages (e.g. WASO, WAAPA, WAYJO), translation into Chinese and promotion across all our media platforms. We do all the work, so they require minimal time and resources from your team. Benefits include:
- Promotional value far in excess of cost
- Personalised strategies suited for your needs
- Repeat-access to a high-value target audience
- Immediate marketing support as and when required
- Valuable branding and promotion of non-core activities
Content licensing is an ideal solution for organisations wanting rich, fully-customised content and a superior user-experience they can use on their own website. This works for:
- Organisations with a vested interest in destination promotion e.g. hotels, local government, visitor centres, airports, universities, in/outbound tour operators, attractions, festivals.
- Organisations representing specific industry sectors e.g. wineries, parks, surfing, fishing, breweries) and;
- Customised on location, listing-type and individual listing – ideal for membership models
- Customised to suit the look and feel of the host website
- Displayed and updated on multiple pages with content in English and Chinese
- Displayed on any CMS e.g. technology agnostic
- Linked to individual listings and search-results from newsletters and social media
Content Licensing is typically quick and easy to set up and install and includes an installation and licensing cost.