In accordance with WA government guidelines, all people who have attended a location visited by a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who are experiencing symptoms should present themselves to a testing centre as early as possible, in addition to self-quarantining. People are most infectious when they first experience symptoms.
Below is a list of COVID Clinics and testing centres from the WA Department of Health, as well as their opening times and entry requirements.
If you’re unsure whether you have visited any of the affected locations, here is a list of the confirmed case locations in Perth metropolitan area, as well as the times of most concern.
COVID-19 can cause a range of symptoms. These can range from mild illness to pneumonia. If you experience any of the below symptoms, no matter how mild, please get a COVID-19 test.
– fever of 37.5°C or above OR fever in the last few days (for example, night sweats or chills)
– coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose
– loss of smell or taste.
Anyone who has attended a location visited by a confirmed case needs to be tested and remain in quarantine until the result is known.
Testing is available at COVID clinics, regional public hospitals and health services, remote health clinics (where COVID clinics are not available) and, private pathology centres. Testing at public COVID-19 clinics (metropolitan and regional) is free and no Medicare card is required. PathWest is performing COVID-19 testing and is an accredited institution. If you are self-quarantining, you are allowed to walk to the COVID clinic for testing, provided the clinic is within 2km of the place where you are quarantining and you keep 1.5m from others.
After your test
You are required by law to self-isolate unless you have been informed that you do not. After your test you must go directly home and must stay home while waiting for your test results. You cannot have visitors to your home and you cannot go to the shops or go for a walk while you are waiting for your results. For more information see here.
COVID clinics – metropolitan
Please note: The RPH clinic experiences particularly high demand on Fridays. Consider presenting to an alternate clinic on Fridays to avoid delays.
Perth Airport COVID clinic
Arrivals must take a COVID-19 test at the Perth Airport COVID Clinic, if deemed necessary by a health clinician. A health screening at Perth Airport involves a series of questions related to symptoms of COVID-19 and a temperature check.
Travellers can also voluntarily request a test from the Perth Airport Clinic even if they are asymptomatic. If you have taken a test at the Perth Airport COVID clinic or any other COVID clinic you must self-isolate until you receive your COVID-19 test results, which may take up to 3 business days.
COVID clinics – regional
People seeking testing in regional areas, where there isn’t a COVID clinic should go to a public hospital, health service or remote health clinic. Make sure you phone ahead to advise of your symptoms. Find out where to get tested for in regional and remote areas of WA.
Western Diagnostic Pathology Collection Centres – appointment required
To make an appointment please call (08) 9317 0826 or visit the Western Diagnostic Pathology website.
- Albany – 87-89 Albany Highway
- Duncraig – Unit 11, 209 Warwick Road
- Myaree – 9 Hayden Court
- Rockingham – 11 Council Avenue
Western Diagnostic drive through COVID collections – no appointment required
Please wait in your vehicle, do not get out at any time. Please follow instructions at the site. For opening times visit the Western Diagnostic Pathology website.
- Claremont – Claremont Showgrounds, 1 Graylands Road
- Forrestdale – Corner of Ranford and Armadale Road
- Joondalup – Neil Hawkins Car Park, 200 Boas Avenue
- Mandurah – Peel Health Campus, 110 Lakes Road
- Midland – Midland Sports Complex, 45 Patterson Drive, Middle Swan
- Mount Hawthorn – 391 Oxford Street
- Myaree – 5 Playle Street
Australian Clinical Labs – no appointment required
Visit Australian Clinical Labs for opening times and further information.
- Forrest Lakes – 36 Murdoch Road (Thornlie)
- Mandurah – Unit 2G, 11B Smart Street
- Mirrabooka – Unit 8, 37 Yirrigan Drive
- Ocean Reef – Unit 2, 4 Prendiville Ave
- Subiaco – Unit 4, 400 Barker Road
Australian Clinical Labs drive through COVID collections – no appointment required
- Airport – 16 Grogan Road
- Wangara – 66 Prindiville Drive
- Victoria Park – 458 Albany Highway
- Inglewood – 969-971 Beaufort Street
Clinipath Collection Centres – no appointment required
Visit Clinipath Pathology for opening times and further information.
- Booragoon – 45 Shields Crescent
- Fremantle – 201 High Street (parking at rear)
- Lathlain – 158 Orrong Road
- West Leederville – Unit 1A, 2 McCourt Street (parking under building)
Clinipath drive through COVID collections – appointment required
For information on opening times or to book an appointment visit Clinipath Pathology or call 9371 4210.
You will need to provide your mobile number, vehicle registration and make. On your appointment day arrive 5 minutes prior (please no earlier), wait in your car. A pathology collector will call your mobile and provide parking instructions.
- Booragoon – 4 Shields Crescent
- Bunbury – 207 Spencer Street (enter from Constitution St, at rear of the car park)
- Busselton – 32A Cook Street
- Greenfields (Mandurah) – 73 Gordon Road
- Hocking – 1/21 East Road
- Lathain – 158 Orrong Road
- Osborne Park – 310 Selby Street North