Shark Bay To Gnarloo
North of Shark Bay is Carnarvon, with its bounty of delicious produce. The region is steeped in history, with 2016 marking the 400th year since a European explorer set foot on an offshore island. The bustling town’s scenic waterway offers fascinating glimpses into its maritime past.
- Meet the world-famous dolphins at Monkey Mia.
- Take a Didgeridoo Dreaming tour under a starry night sky, with Wula Guda Nyinda Eco Adventures.
- Watch sea spray rise up to 20m high at the natural Blowholes, 70km north of Carnarvon.
- Dine at the One Mile Jetty heritage precinct and return on the Coffee Pot train.
- Visit 110km Shell Beach, made up of billions of tiny white shells, up to 10m deep. There are only two beaches in the world like it.
- Join the locals catching squid off the floodlit Denham Jetty once the sun sets.
- Hop on a boat and visit the Monkey Mia pearl farm.
- Go charter fishing or sailing in Shark Bay.
- Hike the 1.5km Wanamalu Trail between Cape Peron and Skipjack Point in Francois Peron National Park.
- View Shark Bay’s marine life at Ocean Park Aquarium, on a boat tour, or from the air on a scenic flight.